wilting plants?

Discussion in 'Problems and Sick Plants' started by skunkyfunky, Jul 3, 2010.

1. skunkyfunky Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $383
    every time i put my plants outside in the sun they will start to wilt but when i put them in the shade they get revived. i was hoping someone could help me with this im not sure if its the sun or some kind of nutrient deficiency.
  2. djonkoman Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $2,198
    they need water
    but don't give it while the so is on them or they'll burn, water them at night or in the morning
    and plant them in the full ground as early as possible so they develop a good root and suffer less frrom drought
  3. SoGlad Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $343
    Interesting...

Plants should really thrive and love the sun but it appears like yours are going into a almost shock? I mean when we provide indoor light we strive to mimic sunlight ~ indoors... so I wonder what you are setting your plants on outside? If it's the ground, perhaps it's a little too hot and thus traumatizing the roots with a sudden temperature change?

I think soil or dirt should be fine, but try setting your plants on stable, unpainted wood... like a small piece of plywood or lumber? Just nothing white or light in color because intense heat from above and hot reflections from the material below can be enough to bake your plants?

And a sidewalk could be like a brick oven so I would never recommend that either ~ even if you set your plants out early because the surface temperature tends to want to stabilize to the ambient heat. Sidewalk heat will transfer or travel under your plants as it does. Also sidewalks are usually a light gray and sometimes near-white... not good.

You've said when you move your plants into the shade (cooler ground), your plants revive and that's the big clue. Much like when we are in a movie and suddenly come out to the blazing daylight... we tend to grab our sunglasses or squint a lot?... Well plants can't squint, but in California they can wear sunglasses.

If your plants appear healthy in every other way, It may be possible that your indoor temperature may be too cool or perhaps there is too little light? Your plants seem to have adapted to those conditions and appear OK ~ until they hit the much hotter/brighter outdoors? Now these last two are reaching guesses, but do give that outdoor wood base a try.

Hope this helps! :harvest:

I remain,
    SOGLAD