Whats the best way to flush soil??

Discussion in 'Soil & Organic Cultivation' started by DCBIGBUD, Feb 6, 2009.

1. DCBIGBUD Hardcore Toker

Stoner Buck$:
    $2,733
    Hi im doing my first grow and i want to know the best way to flush soil and how much water to use?? I heard somewhere that you should use 3x container size? Does that sound right?? And how long do you flush for?? Any info would be apreciated.
  2. tokinGLX the duke of herb

Stoner Buck$:
    $6,532
    i generally put enough water in the pots to make the runoff come out nearly clear. once you start flushing them on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, you wont be needing so much(approximately 3x the pot size) water for the flush
  3. delerious Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $762
    I've also heard the term flush used when talking about the final 2 weeks or so before harvest. That's feeding water only so the plants use up all the stored nutes (probably more of an issue with chemical based grows than organic). The 3x one I don't really do unless I screw up and overfeed or get lock-out because I wasn't monitoring my pH. For that I just flush the one time (lookin for the clear water like tokin). Soils with time-release fertilizer can be a real bitch if you try flushing them.
  4. DTRave420 Active Member

Cool
    Stoner Buck$:
    $2,961
    This is the flush that I'm in the middle of right now,my final two week flush...I'm doing this to release salts and any unpleasent chemical residoo taste...I've been flushing em with water,1 tbs molasses,and 3 tbs Botanicare SWEET...I also use a product called FinalFlush during the last week of a plants life...The method the member posted above about adding three times the amout of water to the size of the pot is not considered flushing...The correct term would be leaching...Leaching of the soil is usually done to correct a nutrient lockout or imbalance...:)
  5. DTRave420 Active Member

Cool
    Stoner Buck$:
    $2,961
    I'm sorry...I got back to late to edit...That would be 1 tsp of mollasses and 3 tsp or 1 tbs of SWEET...
  6. tokinGLX the duke of herb

Stoner Buck$:
    $6,532
    are you trying to pick a fight over semantics┬┐
    there is no "correct" term, in growing marijuana both terms mean pretty much the exact same thing.

in fact, i did a little digging on the google and as far as i could tell, when concerned with growing marijuana, most people agree that "leaching" is the end of flowering flush.

but really. both processes do the same thing. they involve adding water to remove the waste buidup and salts in the medium to allow for a more optimized chelation of available nutes.

;troll;troll;troll
    dont mind me, im just bored and looking for an argument.
    good day:D
    ;oops
  7. DTRave420 Active Member

Cool
    Stoner Buck$:
    $2,961
    I guess "correct term" was not the "correct term" for me to use,lol...

My bad!!!Good day to you to man!!!:)

To me the difference between flushing and leaching is you can flush in the growroom...Leaching must be done in the sink or the tub...
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    tokinGLX: 16 Points (cheers!) Feb 6, 2009