what plants will hide my weed in the garden?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by iamjacksim2160, Mar 3, 2009.

1. iamjacksim2160 Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $511
    alright so i have a tiny back yard in buffalo and want to grow a short plant in my vegetable garden but dont know what to plant near my plants to hide them from casual onlookers. like neighbors and shit that look out the windows. i know that most of the problem could be solved by trying to match the green colors together, you know not alot of contrast. i plan on constantly topping the plant to keep it as short as possible. i should probly just get a few drums and grow em in there but if i can have them out in the sun most of the day that would be great.

if you have any pictures of plants hidding among other plants i would love to see them. any ideas on how to hide them in the open ? i have heard of cutting the ends of the leaves fingers to give it a different look. also has anyone grown in window boxes ? i would like some feedback on that too. i was thinking about flowering in the early summer by covering the plants. any ideas on how to do this w/o everyone in the neigborhood knowing ? ( i guess i could bring the plants indoors and move them outside when it was time for sun but then i would need different pots.)
    remember i'm trying to keep the plants under 16''.

thanks for you help, if your advice works your more than welcome to drop by and smoke it with me.:harvest:
  2. smokey Retired

Stoner Buck$:
    $8,219
  3. iamjacksim2160 Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $511
    i have a japaneese maple in the front yard but it's leaves are red.
    i also picked up some Lupine seeds. they look kinda the same and grow tall flowers. but i dont have enough space in my backyard to grow flowers and vegetables. i hate the city, and most of my fuckin back yard is paved. stupid blacktop
  4. MeanGreenRollingMachine Dutchess of Dank

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,401
    what about tomato plants? they grow sort of tall and you could maybe put the bud among them? not a gardener so just throwing it out there. happy growin:harvest:
  5. KonaGold Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $301

ok brah lestin 2 me... u got a lush lookin veggie yard? if u do, it shud be easy to hide no probs really, but if u really need to hide it u can place it in/near pesky weeds u can grow next to chili pepper bushes or dandi lions or even tomatoes. my front yard is right next to a bussy street so i keep it well hiddin.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Madd: 0 Points (-rep for bad grammer) Jun 19, 2009
  6. kiddo Sun, Surf, and good Mota!

Stoner Buck$:
    $317
    I've read corn is a good thing to plant in this one guide, but corn looks so yucky you'd have to really not mind. You could also get some Statice. That grows tall and bushy and pretty, and would hide your plants because it has underground runners and will pop up all over on their own, which is really nice if you don't want high maintenance flowers.
  7. inthemist Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $762
    I heard also that mint leaves confuse people. Just what I heard though, don't take it as gospel.
  8. TrippyHippy Hippy

Stoner Buck$:
    $964
    grow a fence.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Osprey: 47 Points (Word.) Jun 15, 2009
  9. Guywho_is Friendly Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,679
    ahaha.
    Funny, but a good idea. I'm with Trippy. A nice white picket fence.
  10. TrippyHippy Hippy

Stoner Buck$:
    $964
  11. cresentcrow Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $952
    Sage, rosemary, mint, and catnip. All of these are great for hiding a short plant. Ive done it a couple of times and it worked like a charm. These aren't hard to grow and they're easy to maintain. Plus, you'll also have some nice flavoring for food. Just keep them watered if you have a dry spell.:thumbsup:
  12. kiddo Sun, Surf, and good Mota!

Stoner Buck$:
    $317
    mint works if they're in a feeder, it too has underground runners, but unlike statice, which tends to grow linear so you have time to pull it up where you don't want it and can eventually get rid of it, if you let mint go on a free for all it will eat up a lot of your yard and is uncontrollable. My grandmother has a mint plant in a pot that has been growing for over a decade and is still going strong no matter how many times we've pulled it, which shows you mints good aspects as well. Just something to think about while planting.
  13. cresentcrow Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $952
    What kind of nutrients did yall use? Id love to have a mint plant that grew like that. Mine grow a bit crazy like you said, but if I keep it cut back it doesnt get too out of hand, but my mint always dies out and never grows back.

just to keep with the topic....catnip is the best one to hide weed in, I think. It even sorta, kinda looks similar.

Attached Files:

14. kiddo Sun, Surf, and good Mota!

Stoner Buck$:
    $317
    none for the last several years, she waters it. She put the plant in some miracle grow soil when she planted it, nothing spectacular at all believe it or not, just her green thumb I guess. :harvest:

and I'd go with the catnip if that is the pic of it, it looks almost identical.
  15. cresentcrow Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $952
    Wow, Im so jealous, lol. I thought I had a green thumb, but not like that. Ah well, Ill just keep planting every year...lol.

Yep that is catnip, its easy to grow too.:D
  16. kiddo Sun, Surf, and good Mota!

Stoner Buck$:
    $317
    To have a green garden in cali you have to have a green thumb. We have terrible dry clay soil, dry conditions, no natural nutes and droughts. I'm lucky I spawned from 2 green families lol.

Some plants just do well in some climates. Mint may love California because it grows in desert and desert like places. i am worried cuz I am going out to get some catnip, and I hope it grows here lol :p
  17. cresentcrow Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $952
    I'm lucky I spawned from 2 green families lol.
    ;LOL;LOL;LOL
    Good one!

It probably will, it too is a weed. My climate is way different from Cal. for sure. Just let me know if ya have any trouble with it and Ill do the research for your climate on catnip. It's a hobby of mine, but my guess is that it will flourish.:D
  18. Seedless Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,507
    chives can help with the smell.
  19. mazarxnl Ron Paul 2012

Boobies
    Stoner Buck$:
    $674
    tomatos are probably the best. They also produce a large amount of heat like a marijuana plant. I read a couple of places that said they are actually part of the same family. kind of like a t rex and a lizard if u ask me. but ive grown multiple plants along side them maters and it works great
  20. kiddo Sun, Surf, and good Mota!

Stoner Buck$:
    $317
    So I ended up picking up a book with a lot about outdoor cultivation, and it reccomended 2 plants imparticular, blackberries and tomato plants. Apparently the thorns from the blackberries keep the thieves out. If you build a secret tunnel though you should be fine from cutting yourself and have natural protection :)