Vaped Weed Glycerin Tincture Recipe

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by PlainCoil, Oct 2, 2010.

1. PlainCoil Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $252
    Supplies:

10-14g - Vaporized weed, ground finely
    4-6 oz - Vegetable Glycerin, food grade, found at the health food store ;)
    1 amber-colored dropper bottle, also found at the health food store
    1 pyrex measuring cup
    wide saucepan
    washcloth
    funnel
    coffee filters
    jar or container, etc.

Procedure:

Put some water in the saucepan followed by the washcloth laid flat. Then put the measuring cup with about 2.5oz (or just throw some in there w/o measuring...) glycerin on the washcloth. This is a hot water bath, you just want the water to come up to the glycerin height in the cup, no more. You will heat up the water and the water will heat up the measuring cup w/ the glycerin. Glycerin is thick at room temperature, but it heats up quick and gets really thin (be careful, it gets hot!).

Just put it on medium heat for now, and make sure the water doesn't boil over!! Now's a good time to grind the weed up in a coffee grinder or a mortar and pestle, or just with your fingers. Once the glycerin is hot and thinned down (may have to turn the stove up depending on your stove) you can start to stir in the weed. It will probably get pretty doughy, and you might need to add a little more glycerin. just keep stirring til its all mixed in evenly.

You want to keep it kinda thick, but not too thick. It should be more like pancake batter (thin and fluid) than like cookie dough. Leave it heating for about 15-20 minutes, but make sure not to let the glycerin boil, or let the water boil over.

Rest a funnel in a jar or glass and put one coffee filter in it. I use the brown, eco-friendly kind cause they don't have bleach in them, and they are also a little bit thinner and more efficient for this. Make sure your filter is going to stay put in the funnel for this.

Take your measuring cup out with an oven mitt or towel or something and pour it into the filter while it's still hot. Just get it all in there, glop in the stuff that doesn't pour with a spoon or something. Now let it sit for like 20 or 30 minutes. It will slowly drain off this transparent, dark amber liquid. You can stir it up just a tad taking care not to tear the filter.

I ended up taking the weed out and heating it up again, then straining it again through a new filter to get more glycerin out. It's pretty much impossible to squeeze or press out because it behaves like a goop, but you might be able to find a way.

I got a really potent ticture and a half from 14g vaped weed (I vape it totally brown too). One dropper-full will put me to sleep in 2 hours. It's a really stony, sleepy high. Good for insomnia or pain relief.

You can also vape this tincture, but the jury's still out on the safety of that! Hey, people smoke glycerin on shisha all the time...
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    BPharmaFree: 38 Points (sweet! have a source you could credit?) Oct 14, 2010
  2. Azure_Cloud OG st0n3r

Angelic
    Stoner Buck$:
    $4,079
    This is awesome because this is exactly what one would want to use if one were to attempt using a vapor-delivery e-cig to get high. The nicotine is in a glycerin liquid.
  3. BPharmaFree New Member

Stoner Buck$:
    $4,539
    just a tip I picked once regarding straining. try cheesecloth instead of coffee filters. they're more durable and as they're also larger it gives you more options for wringing out every last drop of the good stuff
  4. Jacson2 Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $251
    im really thinking of trying this with my e- cig ill try it and re post it seems easy enough just need to figure out the ratio or amount that would be good
  5. Clutch Probationary

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,166
    I've been extracting my vapor-leavins in Everclear. I make it pretty stong and 1 teaspoon does me in. My leavin's still have a lot of green in them when I'm done though. The glycerine tincture would probably work in those e-cigs.