plants 3 weeks old and doing horrible!

Discussion in 'Problems and Sick Plants' started by vintxrgr, Nov 23, 2009.

1. vintxrgr Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $430
    pics below, can anyone tell me why they are doing so poorly?

please reply if you need any info, they are in soil under floro tubes with a fan running for exhaust

Attached Files:

2. likeakite Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $875
    Sorry dude, three of those are dead. The other two might make it if the conditions have improved, but there are pretty sick too. You might consider starting again, and apply what you have learned toward improving the next try.
    Overwatering is a big seedling killer. once they shuck the shell and stand up, and spread their 1st little round leaves, they dont need to be watered or misted every day.

Just as an example, we use 16oz plastic cups to sprout seeds. Once they have broken surface and spread out, we dont water them again for a few days, or unless the soil gets dry, and the cups get very lightweight. The idea is to make them grow new roots to search out water.

I dont KNOW for sure thats what is making yours sick, but 99% of new folks will overwater and kill the 1st couple attempts. Dont get discouraged, its part of the learning curve. Good luck for next time.
  3. organicGREENz stroker

Stoner Buck$:
    $425
    check 2 make sure ur soil isnt fortified... if so u won't need any nutes 4 a few weeks as well... i normally dont water till its a good inch and a half dry below soil line and allow quite a bit runoff 2 check ph ... overwatering like dude wrote is prolly the easiest way 2 kill ur plants... keep ur ph at 6.5... watch when u do give it nutes... especially if u r using organics... dolomite lime will buffer ph well if mixed in soil good luck