New tattoo? Idea without action.

Discussion in 'Body Modifications' started by OnAurorasComet, Apr 20, 2011.

1. OnAurorasComet Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $157
    I currently have three tattoos, a tribal dragonfly on my back, the Egyptian Eye of Horus on my hip, and my husband's name across my foot. I have ideas for two more, and ready to get started, but here's the kicker. I can't draw, nor do I know anyone that can master more than a duck and some stick figures, and (of course) I don't want anything else that's "generic". I can see what I want in my head, I know what it's going to look like on my body, I just don't know how to get it from one place to the other. Haha. Anyone have any ideas of where I could get someone to draw something out for me other than the tattoo shop?
  2. jimmi69 R.I.P Simoncelli

Stoner Buck$:
    $2,288
  3. MikeIsGreen dont panic, it's organic!

Stoner Buck$:
    $10,733
    welcome to SF! im sure there is somebody on here that can help you out
  4. LilFoot Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $128
    Anyone you know that was into illustation or graphic design in college should be into that stuff. I'm having my really talent friend in HS do a 3/4 sleeve design for me.... All it takes is knowing someone artsy enough.

And if you dont know anyone like that try looking up local illustrators and see if theyd draw you up something
  5. Budmann Lost In Thought

Stoner Buck$:
    $529
    I just gave my tattoo artist a basic understanding of what I wanted done for my sleeve and let'em go to town on my arm.
  6. Beazy Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $156
    Yea typically when you go to a tattoo shop the artist likes to draw up there own,but thats not true by any meens really.Every artist is diffrent,but in my opinion i would try to talk to who ever you are planning on getting to do the tat and get there opinion on what you should do.Also keep in mind they usually charge for a bigger designs and ideas but once again depends on the person.Hope this helps, I have spent a few hours in the shop and thats what i would suggest.