HydroGrow LED?

Discussion in 'Lights and Equipment' started by Samson, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Samson Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $106
    Hello all! I hope you are all doing well.

Does anyone here have any experience with HydroGrow LEDs? Other than the obvious, which is that they are VERY expensive, i was wondering if anyone had used them- and if so- what kind of results did you achieve? Thanks in advance!

s
  2. solarcell DIY Test Yourself

Amused
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,288
    Sorry I don't use there product but have had excellent results using Advanced LED's wares.:)
  3. Samson Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $106
    Thanks for the reply=)
    1) Did you flower with LED?
    2) If so, do you have any input as to yield as compared to HPS?

I've heard such mixed reviews on the LEDs and mainly such negative reviews as far as flowering goes, I'm rather nervous to find out- I do have 90 days to return the lights if they look like they don't flower well... But i haven't seen any pictures anywhere of big buds coming from LEDs so i am regrettably pessimistic.

thanks in advance

s
  4. solarcell DIY Test Yourself

Amused
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,288
    I use flouros untill the last 3 wks of veg. The LED array is used for the rest of the grow.

I'm very happy with the results using my array.

Attached Files:

5. Samson Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $106
    holy sheep shit- that looks great. all the concerns i have read about LED was that they didn't produce large dense buds. yours are clearly large and dense, which alleviates some of my concerns of such a big expenditure- at least i am convinced that the technology has come a long way. thanks a ton for the response=)

s
  6. solarcell DIY Test Yourself

Amused
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,288
    Before you buy an array take the time to do your research!!!! Not all arrays are the same. :cool:
  7. Samson Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $106
    You know it=) thanks a ton for the input. i am looking forward to trying this out!

s
  8. zonker420 Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $151
    I avoided Hydrogrow when I made the switch LED because of their numerous misleading statements. They use multi-chip emitters, so their 3w units are just 3 x 1w diodes, and 2w = 2 x 1w diodes. Even with clustering them together under a single lens you are still only using 1w diodes and even then they are being under driven so as not to require a major heat sink. Under driven 1w diodes just don't give you a lot of penetration. I'm using two LED units, a LumiGrow ES330 and a GrowStealth GS300. The Lumigrow uses 5w diodes that are driven at a true 5w power giving excellent penetration for flowering; the heat sink they developed prompted Cree to encourage them to over drive the diodes. The GS300 utilizes 3w diodes that are slightly under driven, but still offering enough light penetration for vegging. My previous setup was a 400w HPS, and my yields have definitely increased (mostly from the heat reduction I suspect.) There are a few really good lights on the market, quite few mediocre units, and a shit load of piss poor units. Do your research and be suspicious of the cheaper 1w diodes.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    solarcell: 37 Points (Good Info) Jan 22, 2012
  9. solarcell DIY Test Yourself

Amused
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,288
    Somthing to think about is the operating temp of the array your thinking about buying.

Ask first, as it say's alot about the array and also gives you a better idea about what you will need to do regarding cooling your grow area.

My array runs at 122 deg. f, which requires a good ventilation sys. but was somthing I took into acct. and adj. my cab for.:)
  10. DavidHarritz Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $104
    LED of the hydro is very nice for the development of the plant in the environment. It is also increase the good amount of growth to the plant of the person. It is also helpful to increase the good amount of growth to the branches of the plant to get it very fast.