How painful are stomach/hip tattoos?

Discussion in 'Body Modifications' started by Rogue, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Rogue Blanksy

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,400
    Next week I have an appointment to get inked up with two swallow designs. I will now have 13 or 14 tattoos. I'm thinking about getting the swallows on my lower back but I really want to get the swallows onto my stomach/hips. I'm worried about the pain, though. Every person I have heard from has said the stomach/hips are extremely painful. I once watched a girl get a small tattoo on her stomach and just watching her reactions made me cringe. My experiences with tattoos have proven my body reacts the same as do most people—there has been no area of my body which has been a surprise and went against average experiences of pain or painlessness, so I have no doubt that if I chose the stomach/hips I will be in store for much pain.

I have a full chest piece and so I know how painful true pain really is. It was over the top and far beyond my threshold for pain. It felt like I was going through open heart surgery without drugs and I never want to feel that degree of pain ever again. I also have a lower back tattoo which was very painful but just within manageable. Tonight, when I went over to my tattoo shop, the tattoo artist advised me the stomach/hips would probably be about comparable to my lower back, which surprised me. I could do that.

So, does anyone here have a stomach/hip tattoo and if so how would you describe the pain? Does anyone here have both a stomach/hip tattoo AND lower back tattoo and if so how would you compare the pain?
  2. kiddo Sun, Surf, and good Mota!

Stoner Buck$:
    $317
    I don't have a stomach or hip tattoo but I know this from getting tattooed, the more bone and nerve endings the more pain.

Personally I love the way it felt on my lower back. I am gonna get mine finished eventually.
  3. dollydaggerIRL Master Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,536
    my friend has a butterfly on her hip she said it didnt hurt anything out of the ordinary...?? :p
  4. Seedless Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,507
    Its a tattoo, its supposed to hurt.
  5. Clint Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $410
  6. Rogue Blanksy

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,400
    Pain is on different levels of threshold. Some tattoos feel like a sun burn or a cat scratching you, while others hurt like you're being shot with a shotgun.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll get the tattoos on my calves and then skullls on my stomach with some wording ("There's not enough darkness to extinguish the light of one small candle.")
  7. cresentcrow Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $952
    My friend got dolphins on her stomach a few months ago, she said she enjoyed it, but then she likes pain so that may not help at all......The one on my lower back? I fell asleep while it was being done.....of course I like a bit-o-pain too, so Im not helping at all am I?;cloud
  8. Madd Its a Madd Madd world...

Stoner Buck$:
    $548
    getting ink on your short ribs suck ass but the rest isnt so bad
  9. Taegan Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $305
    At very first time it will give some pain actually these kind of stomach tattoos causes some allergy to our body especially for ladies....
  10. Taegan Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $305
    At very first time it will give some pain actually these kind of stomach tattoos causes some allergy to our body especially for ladies....
  11. ciarra Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $578
    i have a pot leaf on my hip/lower stomach area and let me tell you it hurt like a bitch. my hip bone hurt the worst... i agree the more bone and nerve endings the more it hurts
  12. jimmi69 R.I.P Simoncelli

Stoner Buck$:
    $2,288
    they all hurt no matter were yu get them i got loads allover but i reckon it hurts alot more on ur stomach than hip its a more tender place like ur hip yu might feel needle bouncing off ur bone but its not mega pain does hurt a little but dont worry about that its nothing compared to fleshy meaty bits ur belly is a tender spot all tender fleshy meaty spots hurt more than boney spots thats my opiniun from experience , like yu ave a tattoo on inside of ur leg at top pain man but outside not so bad , ave 1 on top o f ur arm inside pain but outside not so bad tickle ur stomach yu feel it tickles, tickle ur hip it not;cloud tickle as much lol hope helps yu, but remember ppl are differant but for sure the tender tickley spots hurt more lol :D yu gotta grit ur teeth and beasr it all yu can do when they hit a spot thats bad gl :thumbsup:
    p.s im back oh sorry i thought yu was wondering were to ave it like stomach or hip ur avin it like both below ur belly button touching onto ur hip for sure the belly bit of it will hurt more take a few pain killers b4 yu go gl again :thumbsup:
  13. 3mily Phishead

Stoner Buck$:
    $529
    my tattoos are on fat. it didn't even feel like he was pulling a pin across my skin.

Then again, I am sure it also depends on who is tattooing you.
    bad tattoo artists can tattoo too deep and cause lots of blood and pain.
  14. Greenery Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $536
    its gonna hurt no matter what and if you get dark outlining done and coloring, that's where the serious pain comes in. i had my tat colored very vibrantly, quite a few layers, and since its right along my spine it definitely stung. i may be a girl, but im no pussy.[IMG] you just gotta grit your teeth and bare it. i cant stand the chicks that go in to the tat parlor and cry, like hellooooo it was ur idea, what did u think was gonna happen.
    i remember there was a girl who was getting ivy done on her foot on the table next to me, and she was freaking out and totally ruining my zen.