how much hash oil does an oz of bud make

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil Extraction' started by 420kidcaregiver, Dec 21, 2009.

1. 420kidcaregiver MMJ Caregiver

Stoner Buck$:
    $455
    me n my friend were thinkin of makin some hash oil probly bho or with acetone how much can u expect to get from an oz of kill
  2. mazarxnl Ron Paul 2012

Boobies
    Stoner Buck$:
    $674
    not a hell of a whole lot
  3. Timmytoohigh Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $647
    Depends on the buds really.....now I make plenty of hunnyoil with butane extraction and my yields vary depending on the plant parts used and the particular strain.

From trim and stem bits, the best ratio of resin to material used was around 25-1 that is 25 grams gave up 1 gram of hunny oil.

From Dank Medical grade buds, my personal best results were in the 10-1 ratio, I ended up with about 2.5-3 grams hunny oil per Oz/buds

It really is not worth my time to process an ounce of buds, the mess is alot to deal with, so I useually process at least a pound at a time, so I think you could find my experience fairly reliable.

Hope this answers your question, TTH;2bongs
  4. Amos Vaporizer-Beast

Stoner Buck$:
    $312
    If you use an ounce of chronic bud you are going to have some ridiculously strong oil. From my experience I have always used a mix of small popcorn buds and fine trim when making oil and the finished product is quite nice. So if you use actual buds the potency is going to be through the roof.

As for quantity an ounce isn't going to give you much maybe about a 6 or 7 grams and it also depends on how much you loose when during the hash making process. I would reccomend trying to get ahold of some fine potent trim and mix that with your ounce, than you will have something going. Shoot for at least a 2 ounces of plant matter.
  5. snotty1 Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $201
    the oil can not get stronger, its nearly purified anyways. what happens is the better the bud the more oil you get. so in all reality to use kb is a waste- you lose all the flavor and scent really.