Co2 and a well ventilated room.

Discussion in 'Indoor Cultivation' started by atmonsacurse, Mar 4, 2010.

1. atmonsacurse adam o.

Stoner Buck$:
    $323
    I am setting up my room and after reading every book I can get my hands on I realized one problem during the entire process of adding Carbon Dioxide to my room, in which I really want to try. If I am to add Co2 to my room when I already am planning on adding a strong ventilation wouldn't this just be a waste of Co2? Obviously, I can't not install a ventilation system (it is a 10' x 12' room with two 1000 watt's going) Is there a way to do a rotation between the ventilation and Co2 where I allow the Co2 to sit in the room with the ventilation off and vice versa? OR am I able to have Co2 and Ventilation running together?...

Thanks. I hope to share the pictures later on.
  2. Osprey Solid.

Stoner Buck$:
    $7,688
    If you're actually extracting room air, there wouldn't be much point in enriching with CO2. I thought I had read something about needing the lights on when doing that as well, so it could make heat problems.
  3. GRRAYT STONER

Stoner Buck$:
    $640
    Carbon Dioxide During photosynthesis, plants use carbon dioxide (CO2), light, and hydrogen (usually water) to produce carbohydrates, which is a source of food. Oxygen is given off in this process as a by-product. Light is a key variable in photosynthesis.
    A couple of digital timers coupled with the exhaust fans to go off when the CO2 goes on and visa versa. Precise times would depend on the size of the room and the desired ppm.
  4. Osprey Solid.

Stoner Buck$:
    $7,688
    Bada bing! Thanks Grrayt!
  5. atmonsacurse adam o.

Stoner Buck$:
    $323
    Naturally, there is a certain amount of Co2 in the air that plants, ever since the beginning of Earth, they have used Co2 for the improvement of photosynthesis. Although our plants have evolved through time the cannabis plant is still one of the more primitive ones and flourishes with excess levels of the gas sometime creating yields 200% or more depending on the strain.
    Would anyone have any ideas or have heard of how I can simultaneously add Co2 while providing goo ventilation?
  6. likeakite Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $875
    To do it right, you need a sealed, airtite room coupled with a closed ventilation system. It can be quite complicated and expensive to maintain CO2 levels at 1500ppm, and still control heat and humidity AND exchange the room air every couple/few hrs.

There are electronics on the market called 'controllers' that will run the whole shebang automatically. There are controllers made for every application, and of course, they are quite expensive, the more things they will do.

Try a search for CO2 in these and similar forums. I'd bet there might be a sticky or a faq somewhere too.

Personally, i feel that unless youre already a very good grower, with a dialed in room and strain, you will never see any improvement. CO2 is just one of the envrionmental factors that can affect growth, and until you know that all the other factors are perfect, its a waste of time and effort for the average grower.