Can weed ruin your life and/or be a problem if abused? by abused I mean 7-14gs daily

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OZOfCheesePlease, Dec 23, 2010.

1. OZOfCheesePlease Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $231
    Ok 1st off I know theres nothing wrong with weed itself and it doesnt cause healt problems and its not physicaly addictive, like other drugs, if youve done other drugs you would agree with me when i say weed is not a drug. But heres my story, ever since I started smoking pot my life has just been spiraling downwards and now im fucked totally, I first started when i found a few gs of weed in my shed belong to my stepdad I smoked some n never got high neway i smoked some a week or 2 later and still never got stoned but one day me n my buddy smoked a draw and I was fried up like an onion, I loved it i started smoking it ocasionally witch eventully turned into daily and ive been smoking daily up to rite now and im sure i will continue to do it, but i used to get good marks in school, and as the years went by my marks started droping till i was barly passing, then I hit grade 11 just by the skin of my teeth most days we would skip class and go into the woods to get baked I was selling weed hash oil and baked goods to all the kids I was loving life then at the end of the year I failed 1st grade i had ever failed grade 11 I got 1 credit the whole year, I figured o well ill do better next year, yea I didnt i continued to smoke 10-14 gs a day and droped out in may because the princible told me there was no way i could pass, so i went and got drunk and some real bad shit happened that day i droped out Im not gunna get into it but it was one of the worst days of my life, few weeks later I moved home and got a job a good paying job at that, I got kicked out of my house once before for smoking a draw but i was back the next day everything seemed to be alright I was smoking only one draw a day for the longest time 3 or 4 gs on the weekends and I was experimenting with other drugs along the way, but everything else, the shrooms, the booze, the coke, the percs, the E, was so easy to walk away from. but the weed stuck with me through good times and bad times, neway last month my buddy tells me he cant get weed all he can find is hash, and me being a former hashmaker lol said Ill take a qp I havent had hash in like 6 months (Id rather smoke hash and oil, then weed) I had started smoking an occasional draw at work witch turned into 3 or 4 draws aday at work and 3 or 4 when i come home, neway I always had the chunk of hash and scales with me because the bys at work loved the hash too and I sold it everyday plus i couldnt hav it at the house, neways a few of the bys at work ratted on me and i ended up getting fired. my first reaction was to go get as fucked up as possible I didnt even think about the 40 gs of hash and scales in my pocket i just went stright to the store and bought a case of beer slammed it back withen a hour and went to find some coke, about half way to buddys house I couldnt even walk or talk or nuttin i was so drunk I collapsed and started pukeing everywhere next thing I kno a cop helps me stand up then searches me right away, finds everything hash scales flask of rum, and they threw me in lock up for the night, let me go the next morning THEY TOLD ME i would not be charged. My mudder kicked me out that day and I stayed at choices for youth, so there I was no job, no education, no hash, staying at a homeless shelter, things couldnt get much worse or so I thought. A week went by and mudder invited me back home for the holidays after i agreed to get treatment for my dope smoking problem, witch still in the back of my head i dont think is a problem, neway yesterday i get a call from a cop saying he wants to talk I talked to my laywer and stuff 1st and didnt say nothing to the cop he came to my house and charged me with possesion now i have a court date. ANd now I have no job, no hash because its all gone now n i couldnt get more, no education, Im making my family stressed and worried witch is the last thing i wanna do and now Im being charged with possion of 40 gs of hashish, so possibly jail time if not a big fine IM FUCKED!!! so tell me what you think do I have a problem, is it because of weed why my life is ruined, should i go to treatment and not smoke nemore, btw Ive been smokeing since i was 13 and im now 18 so 5 years......... Now time to smoke a nice Fat Kush Joint to calm my nerves ;rolljoint
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    GrassFairy: 6 Points (Karma to you: you'll need it) Dec 23, 2010
  2. xchris90x Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $727
    Re: Can weed ruin your life and/or be a problem if abused? by abused I mean 7-14gs da

First of all, far to much text. I didn't read the whole thing. Skimmed the bottom half. But my answer is this. Weed can not in most cases ruin your life. If you become psychologically addicted, which is possible, I suppose it could. But mostly it is the laws and general outlook that most people have of weed that will ruin your life. I learned this myself. So that leaves you two options. You can continue to smoke and say the hell with everyone else, or you can give it up and be accepted by the general public. It is sad that this is the case, but it's how it is and for now we cant really do anything about it. I'm clean atm because to get anywhere in life, smoking is just not helpful. My advice to you is to give it up for the time being, long enough to get yourself an education or a job, then when you are financially able you can start using again. I am very much an activist as far as legalization goes and I hate the fact that it is the way it is. But what we need to realize is that the most important thing is making something of your life. If pot needs to be avoided to do that then so be it. So for now, do what you have to do to get somewhere and make some money, then go about it however you see is best. Best of luck to you.
    TheKidThatLovesMary: 20 Points ("First of all, far to much text." - well said.) Jan 3, 2011
  3. OZOfCheesePlease Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $231
    Re: Can weed ruin your life and/or be a problem if abused? by abused I mean 7-14gs da

yea lol i kinda figured to much txt didnt realize how much i had wrote i was in the zone haha, but thanks for the advise and i think i will giv it up for a while until i get my shit togeather neway but i know in the back of my head that the day will come that its time to light up a dubby, but until i go to treatment ill continue to smoke so light em up bys
    TheKidThatLovesMary: 20 Points (good luck) Jan 3, 2011
  4. GrassFairy (Not Gay)

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,223

Anything can ruin your life if you let it. The only thing holding you back is yourself. If youre off the coke n percs, and the only problem is weed is when it gets tricky. I think we think of weed as acceptable, and not harmful at all. In reality its not the weed that you are addicted to, this is hard to put into words but bear with me....

15mins later- Its not the weed itself you are addicted to, its the fact that you are getting high and are sick of planet earth.

If im right, you tried it out of curiosity, then you liked it so you did it occasionaly, then you got comfortable with it so you did it more and more, then the thought of not smoking made you depressed/sick. I know how you feel man.
    My cure for the blues has always been weed and probably always will be. This isnt the way to go through life; just because its weed doesnt make it different than any other drug. Sure its less harmfull, but addicts are addicts.
    I wish there was some easy answer or a quick fix but the fact of the matter is, there isnt. I think your best bet is to get yourself a hobby that you really enjoy doing (Besides pot) and switch that into your routine.

As much as you try to hide from it, there is no future in this way of life.
    Hope I didnt depress you too much...
    Good luck dont give up hope :thumbsup:

P.S. maybe try rehab? Never been but it wouldnt exist if it didnt work right?
  5. Rogue Blanksy

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,400

Your post was very incoherent and difficult to understand, but I can say that drugs are very often just the tip of the iceberg of deeper issues and the chaos in your story holds the suggestion your iceberg may have the depth of Mt. Everest. The younger someone starts with drugs (including booze), the worse the problems deepen, and you began very young. You should view your legal problems in a positive light, as a sort of intervention for the downward spiral your life has been sliding down a slippery slope, and hold a positive attitude towards getting some kind of treatment. You need someone to talk to. Once again, there's so much going on in your life that weed is just the tip of the iceberg—the iceberg of problems is still there even if you stop weed.
  6. GrassFairy (Not Gay)

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,223

Bullseye

An addiction is like a flare sent up by unresolved issues to let you become aware of its/their presence.

Thats how it was for me, and like Rogue said, thats how it appears for you.

Of course with that being said anything is possible. Maybe you just love pot... Either way, i'm sure if you get treatment its 80% finding the trigger, and 20 the addiciton
  7. mrgreen504 Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $334

Ive been smoking weed every day for the past 5 years, and im bout to graduate with a BA in Chem (far from the top of the class though). I Guess it depends on the person. Please try to remember that everyone faces fucked up situations in there life, It depends on how you handle them. And it seems like you had to handle them at a very young age. I started smoking when i was 17, not 13. So that probably had a lot to do with it also.
    P.S. every one makes good marks in school when there 13 or younger. If a student is going to start to fail and drop out of school, it usually doesnt happen until highschool..usually.
  8. Smokin Dreamin of Peace

Stoner Buck$:
    $941

lol if it hadnt been for cannabis sativa I wouldn't have made it thru the factory we call public education. :) but as stated before everyone uses things differently and the key is to find the equilibrium. I used to cheech up alot nonstop all day but now its maybe one hit when i wake up (To coax me out of that darn comfy bed haha) and a bowl at night after work (To celebrate a hard days labor) Do some reflection man, you are your best teacher :)
  9. Joker Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $350

First off I won't tell you how to live your life, because shit I'm not too sure how to wipe my own ass just yet.

I refuse to suger coat it, because frankly you fucking up and you need someone to say "yo stop fucking up!

Let's see

You smoked yourself out of a high school diploma
    You started dealing bud (not bad)
    You then started to experience with other drugs (exception are shrooms, acid and dmt)
    Got kicked out
    Cops picked you up

I will probably get alot of shit for this but, education is greater than weed. Everything in moderation, and you have a problem. People like you are the statistic of why weed isn't legal. If you ever tell a person that never smoke weed, that person will automatically assume that the gateway theory to be true. DOnt' tell anyone else OK.....ok.

Common misconception about cannabis, is not physical addicting like heroin, but physiological like gambling addicts. Judging from the great wall up there sounds like you have an addictive personality.
    Don't get me wrong I smoke weed, but I don't let weed run my life fuck that.
    I support legalization, but people like you are going to fuck it up.

About other drugs; I like psychedelic those are awesome, but I never understand why people fuck with pills, and coke those are the dumbest fucking drugs to use. Anything in a pill form is fucking stupid.

Pick and smoke

not

pop and swallow

If I was you I would put the blunt down, get your shit together and I mean get you ass in some type of program or skill/trade or something and get a smallG apartment.

Do your laundry (important I don't want to sit next to a person that smells like a sticky dick all day)
    Hold your job down
    Pay your rent/bills
    SAVE YOUR FUCKING MONEY (I HATE MONEY)
    Smoke a blunt/joint every month (once a month)
    Then start smoking every six month.
    Get your ass a hobby.

And yes you fucked up, but everyone fucks up so don't feel bad.

IF you don't take my advice at least take this in consideration:

Remember when your a child and the biggest problem you had was some minor shit.
    Now this problem that stressing you out right.
    then there's going to be another problem in the future

and then another

for ever obstacle you over come there's always another so don't worry just get your shit together and relax...............:family:
  10. OZOfCheesePlease Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $231

I feel that this makes alot of sense, but i also do just really love pot, I love everything about it cooking with it making hash making oil, tintures building crazy bongs i even have a 2000$ paraphnella (cant spell lol) collection 200 doller bongs vaporizers hookahs pipes you name it i got it.... but thanks for all the advise guys you put this in a way that i could understand and I know what I have to do now Thank You All very much, Merry Christmas to all of yas ;coffee
  11. djonkoman Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $2,198

some people just can't function high, and if you know this of yourself you should keep it in mind
    for example I have a friend who refuses to smoke on a workday now, he only smokes in the weekends because he just can't function that well high
    and I know of myself that I can function just as well or in some cases better high, but I still wouldn't smoke right before a situation when I know I would do better sober

and if you skip school to smoke you could've expected it, some skipping school is no problem as long as you only skip useless classes, but as soon as you start skip random classes it's hard to not let your grades drop I think
    I never made homework(because I didn't notice much gain with it), but I did notice paying attention in class plays a much bigger role in grades as homework(for me it did at least), and the classes I didn't pay attention(boring or bad teacher for example) I also got the lowesr grades
  12. Oreocookiemadness Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $912

If you're going to smoke pot, first and foremost make sure you can be responsible about your usage. If you even suspect that pot or any other drugs are interfering with your life, STOP USING for awhile until you get yourself back on track.

I'm sure there's plenty of us on this forum who are in their late 20's, 30's and (ahem, cough...) 40's and beyond who smoke pot and live entirely normal and responsible lives. Pay your bills BEFORE you pay your dealer.

I had a friend who had everything going for her...she ran her own business, had just purchased a house, seemed like she was going in the right direction. I don't know what the hell happened, but after a year or so she had to close her business and her house ended up being foreclosed upon (this was back in the early 90's) and she moved to CO and was homeless for several months. She pretty much has her shit together now (owns a house again), but always seems to be a few months behind on her bills.

I'm curious how many on this forum know when to "say when" on taking a step back from your smoking routine to regain a new perspective on things? Personally speaking, I go through stages where I just stop smoking altogether, be it for several months at a time, or a year. I consider myself a responsible stoner...own 2 homes, work at a fairly respectable job (which I hate because I'm trapped in a cubicle for 8 hours a day), am married and have a family, excellent credit, etc. All of my bills get paid before I dish out any extra cash for some doobage.

Personally, I would like to downsize and go live in the smaller house, away from this overtaxed, frozen-tundra of a state, and go live a simpler lifestyle. I've reached a point where the material trappings we overburdern ourselves with aren't worth it. If I moved to the other house, I could get a job working at the 7-11 and still be able to pay my mortgage and my bills, and have a whole lot more free time and not be stressed out. Sometimes, having everything you want turns out to not be what you wanted afterall.

My kid is one year away from graduating high school (2012), and will be looking at colleges soon. She's a smart kid, has a good head on her shoulders, and will no doubt be successful in whatever she decides to pursue. That's the best job I could have done no matter what.

That leaves me in a position where my life essentially starts over again. If anyone else is getting ready to go through this, we need to talk! :family:
  13. Azure_Cloud OG st0n3r

Angelic
    Stoner Buck$:
    $4,079

like many, i could not read the whole post. paragraphs really do help us organize our thoughts.

you are young man, young enough to consider yourself getting a do over in life this xmas. consider yourself really fucken lucky. but you cannot continue to fuck up forever.

22, you are but a baby, seriously. you can finish high school and have a university before the age of 30. i am 40 and just getting my shit together, so honestly you better consider yourself very lucky to of had these thoughts now and not later in life.

our lives are the sum of the experiences and decisions we have made up to this point. people that feel helpless are helpless because they will not help themselves.

man turn your life around and make your family and more importantly yourself proud. i quit smoking weed for 7 years when i was in college and graduate school and i started when i was 14.

good luck man!
  14. TheKidThatLovesMary Legalize It

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,016

so much text and im not reading all that, the simple answer is yes. Anything can be a problem or abused if you aren't careful.
  15. OZOfCheesePlease Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $231

thx bud but I know wat to do now. Im quiting the new year but new years eve is the ultimate party time lots of pot lots of booze and lots of lines and btw im 18 not 22
  16. OregonStoner Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $222

Pot can overtake someones life very easy. But what it seems like to me is that pot is an addiction to you and you are really lucky that your family is still around to help you. I was in the same boat as you i dropped out in 9th grade and was smoking and drinking but only because it was like "the thing" to do and act like it was all cool and shit.

Years went by and i finally stopped and now im smoking off and on but i did get my GED this year and starting college in march and i still smoke whenever i want to. So giving it up might help you but im living proof that you can give it up when its bad and come back to it without being like a crackhead and craving it everyday. I think you need to go to a treatment center now and seek the help you need. I got lucky because my parents stood by me and helped.

by reading yours i dont think it will be possible for to you quit without professional help for the simple fact at the end of all the shit that went on you end it with

"Now time to smoke a nice Fat Kush Joint to calm my nerves".
  17. Weezer Midnight Toker

Stoner Buck$:
    $560

Hey man, heres my bit of advice... Keep the weed because it will keep you happy, (and the booze if you must) but ditch everything else. Hold a job, and try to get your GED while you are young. Don't break the law, be respectful to everyone, and life will be just fine.

I hope my words help you, friend.
    st0nerz: 114 Points (nice) Jan 9, 2011
  18. SchwagAttack Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $488

Yea man I would just stick to weed. Coke is to expensive. Booze is just bad for your health. I feel like you do man. I got my GED though, but was skippin every other day back in school. I just decided I want to leave where I'm at and try to get a college degree before I'm 30. I would get a job cut back to like a gram or so a day and save money. Remember life is just about improving it. You want something work hard for it.
  19. st0nerz <a href="http://www.ediblemj.com" target="_blank"

Stoner Buck$:
    $313

this is the 3rd post of urs i have read today & now understand why u have a red light.Please learn to form sentences that we can follow & stop advertising ur shit on our site.
  20. Oreocookiemadness Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $912

Not to point out the obvious, but maybe you should stop using for awhile NOW. There's always going to be some sort of festive event coming up that you'll make an excuse for.

Christmas is here. Yea! Smoke up. Oh wait...New Year's is just around the corner...another party in the making! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey! School's out for Martin Luther King Day! Awww, honey...Happy Valentines Day! Let's take a toke and express our love! Fuckin' aye! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Let's celebrate with some green! April...hey! Whattya know! It's 4/20 again! May: Memorial Day! Let's celebrate! June: Whooh! Off from school for the summer! Uh-oh...4th of July! Party on! August...hmmm. That MAY cut you a break. September. Oh fuck, man...gotta start back to school, might as well smoke up. October...Happy Halloween! Gonna have a nice little "treat"...November...anotther friggen holiday dealing with the relatives. Only way to deal with that is being stoned. Back to Christmas again.

Do you see where I'm going with this? Stop making excuses and just take a break for awhile. If you weren't concerned about your usage, you wouldn't be on this forum asking everyone else's opinion about whether or not you're smoking too much.

Take a break...6 months, a year, whatever. Get your head back on straight, make something of yourself, and make us proud.

We ALL share a love of the green on this forum, no denying that. But for each of our own personal reasons, we've ALL taken a break at some point or another.

Now it's your turn.
    Joker: 0 Points (Nice post bro!) Dec 25, 2010
    GrassFairy: 6 Points (Speaking from experience? Seems like it) Dec 25, 2010
    Lair_Master: 2 Points Jan 9, 2011