Best way to cure weed

Discussion in 'Harvesting, Drying and Curing' started by paul21, Feb 1, 2009.

1. paul21 Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $795
    Hi guys whats the best and most efficient way to cure weed after drying it by hanging it up for a couple of days.
  2. greenmnster_ Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $553
    okay your going to need to get some jars... either mason jars from the store or and old pickle jar... make sure the seal is good though.

Then, place your buds in the jars and seal them up. Store in a cool, dark place and open every day or two to "burp" the jars with fresh air. This burping encourages "osmosis", which draws moisture from the very cell-structures of the buds, making sure the buds are totally dry and ensuring an even burn, as well as a smooth, enjoyable smoke!

Duration of the cure is a personal thing. Some people like to leave their buds for no more than a couple of weeks, others leave their weed for a year or more so the choice is yours.

On a personal note I "jarred" some pretty low quality weed a month ago, and it really does seem to get better (and stronger) by the day, so be patient as it's time well spent.

hope that helps

;bonghit
  3. Indica420 Part time viking

Buzzed
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,392
    I'm gonna have to try that out seeing as it can be stored for long periods of time which is what i need

Peace out;bonghit
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    HYDRO: 4 Points (Yes man jar's of bud getting stronger by the day,bliss!) Feb 5, 2009
  4. paul21 Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $795
    Thanks greenmnster that sounds good helps alot. How long would you leave them drying before you put them in the jars, should the buds seem totally dry on the outside or is it ok if there still just a little moist. Also when you say a cold dark place would a fridge be cool or would that be too cold. How long do you leave the jars open for when "burping". Is a jam jar OK.
    ;smoke
  5. DTRave420 Active Member

Cool
    Stoner Buck$:
    $2,961
    My weed is usually dry enough in 5 to 9 days to begin curing...Try and use an air tight jar(a locking jar with a rubber gasket)...I find TightPac containers even better and I no longer use glass...You press the TightPac button when closing the jar and all the air is forced out...Open your jars daily and remember,light and heat are the enemies of THC as far as storage goes...Also if you think you're not gonna be smoking it for awhile after it's cured,keep it in the freezer...It will stay potent for a longer period this way as THC will degrade with time...
  6. bigmont87 Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $301
    well i've put mine in a mason jar fri...its monday!...how much longer?;fishing
  7. mwinter silly stoner

Stoned
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,876
    i cured mine for a month and its not enough the fruity smell was starting to really get crazy i imagine the cure depends on to many variables you need to evaluate it every 3 days after the first 30 this is just my opinion. The blueberry smell on mine became evident after about 2 weeks.what strain are u smoking
  8. xcxHALFBAKEDxcx Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $310
    hi,i know curing definately helps the smell,strength and smoothness/flavour but after drying for about 10 days my buds smell absolutely gorgeous and smoke really smooth.i flushed for 10 days with reverse osmosis water/distilled and im asking wether some strains need curing more than others?
  9. st0nerz <a href="http://www.ediblemj.com" target="_blank"

Stoner Buck$:
    $313
    I luv it i dont flush or cure anymore.Just reduce the last few weeks of flower & the plant seems to do the rest.Plus i really dont have time for a proper cure until i get a decent grow going.Everyone does it a lil different, each person puts their own lil twist on it.So in the end try em all & see what works for u.:family:
  10. HumboldtSmoka420 aka ThE MaD HaSheR

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,536
    Definitely do the mason jar thing, it works with hash also! Makes the hash taste waaaaay better after a proper cure
  11. st0nerz <a href="http://www.ediblemj.com" target="_blank"

Stoner Buck$:
    $313
    Oh yea I won the Zandor cup rotflmfao,,,,inside,well old thread show lol.
  12. johard59 New Member

Stoner Buck$:
    $415
    yes the best way is by hanging it for 4 to 6 weeks as it will get fully dried, and store it in an airtight container.
  13. mwinter silly stoner

Stoned
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,876
    Dude you mean 4 to 6 days that many weeks and its a wrap hash time or edibles
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    st0nerz: 80 Points (we may not agree on much but this dude is a danger to novice growers) Sep 1, 2010
  14. HumboldtSmoka420 aka ThE MaD HaSheR

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,536
    I chop my hash up carefully with a credit card and spread it thin on cardboard.....usually completely dry within 3 days, but this will depend on temperature and climate also!

Oh, you meant time to make hash or edibles, just realized that! ;LOL
  15. mwinter silly stoner

Stoned
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,876
    the dude said 4 to 6 weeks for hanging the bud it would turn to dust thats why i said that dude i checked out your site its cool i love hash i knew you cure it i misplaced some super sensi skunk kif i keep in a little jar dude it was amazing it was months old
  16. HumboldtSmoka420 aka ThE MaD HaSheR

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,536
    Yea, I heard it can start to degrade after months and months though, but I never keep any that long