Best Place to grow???

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by trupti, Feb 20, 2008.

1. trupti Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,042
    Where can I grow with the hydroponic method? ;leaf
  2. Jakenbake wonderness

Stoner Buck$:
    $324
    Hm do you got a house man, you lookin to grow in a stealth cab... really you gatta pick the place,are you askin for a good area because you aren't sure about size, how to keep it on the DL, or are you worried about makin a mess inside or somethin... give us options or general plan.... we help ya....
  3. cani fluffy? Priceless...

Cheeky
    Half way to Heaven and headed straight to Hell
    Stoner Buck$:
    $3,011
    i got lots of room in the basement for your grow... ;)
    hehe

;island;smoker

4. trupti Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,042
    I mean to say indoor gardening or outdoor gardening is good. If indoor gardening is good then which is best place to grow in house and what types of plants we can grow easily? And if outdoor gardening is good then which plants we can grow easily?
  5. 420atmyplace Rocky Mtn Hi

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,256
    Well the sun is your best choice for light, of course, so if an outside grow is possible that is best, IMHO!!! BUT, a hydroponic grow outdoors is a huge challenge, especially for a beginner.. Hydro in general will be a challenge if you have never grown.. Most all plants will grow well outdoors, there have been some indoor bred plants, but I think most were bred to stay shorter and would work fine outdoors.. Indoors is a challenge because of light considerations, CO2, and space.. Someone once said growing indoors is like raising a cow in your house, it smells, it's loud, unpredictable, and takes space.. You can find all the answers to questions here, but the more specific the question, the better the answers will be.. First off get yourself a good grow book, maybe written by Jorge Cervantes or Dr. Ed Rosenthal and that will get you pointed in the right direction, and then you will have some more specific questions... Good Luck!!
  6. SylentJohn Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $915
    Yeah growing hydro outside is extremely hard, I saw a method in a book once, looked pretty difficult. If you want to grow hydroponically I suggest you do it inside. My first grow indoors was hydro, basic ebb&flow water system and I used rockwool as my medium, this was 15 years ago. It was still a lot of work, so after that I just used my MH an HPS light and grew organically and watered it myself. Much easier. Hydro you have to constantly check ph of your water basin, the ph of your medium. Just too much stuff can go wrong for me, Id rather grow in soil and all I worry about basically is heat .

I also try to grow at least one plant in the bush every year. Its fun and gives me good exercise. Only problem is rippers. I cant imagine trying to haul a hydro system into the woods, might be lighter than 50 lb. bags of soil:p
  7. smokey Retired

Stoner Buck$:
    $8,219
    growing outdoors with hydroponics is just nuts to me
    if u wanna go hydro stay indoors, to grow outdoors u need somewhere secluded and a place that no one will ever stumble across your grow, u also need to take into consideration animals like deer and rabbits who will eat your grow.
    i would suggest growing indoors in soil for your 1st grow, like 420amp said do some reading up
    http://www.stonerforums.com/lounge/faq/2445-links-growing-info.html
    check out this link to several good grow books u can read online

peace
  8. iamcannaclubmember SF AEROPONICS GURU

Stoner Buck$:
    $309
    ok lets get this right...everyone here has great advice...u need no books...everything u need is here on stoner forums... now are u growing in or outdoors? outdoors use dirt its easier and for a beginner it will be easiest.

Now if u cant grow outdoors then go with indoor method...dirt is always a good choice...but hydro is always the best way for growth and performance, now if decide to go indoors let me know...I am always here to help.

I dissagree on the hydro being hard to start ur first go in...

If u are prepared with the right equiment for hydro then all will be fine for u...
    ph/ppm and all that are a small part of any hydro grow and must yes be maintained to certian levels. But like i said if u need help hit me up or anyone else here...

Overgrow the goverment........;troll
  9. HighSeeker Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $4,137
    Lots of help in the chatroom. Hydro is more productive and quicker to finish, but most veterans will tell you to do a soil grow first. Good luck either way!

Peace

HS
  10. TrippyHippy Hippy

Stoner Buck$:
    $964
    I also have the problem of choosing a spot to grow. It can't be in my house, nor on my property at all. I live in a suburb. The best place i could really think of it on the side of some train tracks..
    '
  11. iamcannaclubmember SF AEROPONICS GURU

Stoner Buck$:
    $309
    VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA....... u trying to go to jail? and why not ur house?
    ....ok lets get some info...are u in a med friendly state? live alone or with others? age?

2nd...if u cant grow at home/outdoors? why would u even try? tell ya what if you find me in chat ill figure out what I can do for you? or there are others there that can help give u ideas.. i cant seem to figure out what ur questions might be?

;trollsorry cannalubmember
  12. TrippyHippy Hippy

Stoner Buck$:
    $964
    I'm not is a med friendly state. I live with my parents still. I'm eighteen.
  13. PeacefullyStoned Stoner

Stoned
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,396
    I grew outside last year and got a nice little batch of bud. I am huge fan of natural, earth and soil... haha. I don't have much experience with Hyrdo, so obviously I am going to be bias and say that growing outside is better. I just much prefer natural sunlight and knowing what soil my pot is coming from. I worked hard to keep those damn plants pretty... haha. I just sprinkled some moth balls around each plant to keep the animals away. Just make sure if you are going to use the moth balls that its in a VERY secluded area as so people don't smell the stench of the balls... otherwise they will figure that somebody is growing something. What kind of fertilizer you use is up to you and the area you grow in I suppose. Goodluck with your grow.
    Peace and Pot.
  14. iamcannaclubmember SF AEROPONICS GURU

Stoner Buck$:
    $309

To each there own....i lv a good outdoor/HYDRO grow.....lol;troll
  15. iamcannaclubmember SF AEROPONICS GURU

Stoner Buck$:
    $309

Your screw'd.......unless mom and pop are cool with it...but i'm taking it there not ...sorry;troll
  16. PeacefullyStoned Stoner

Stoned
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,396
    I apologize, I didn't mean to judge.
    Peace and Pot.
  17. trupti Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,042
    Thank you all!
  18. stonedbuddha Experienced Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $623
    i grow in my basement and to help with all the electricity i use i went out and got solar panels. it was a little expensive but it helps with keeping the cops off my back. plus i generate enough juice to have the electric company pay me for for the electricity i don't use. plus i insulated the area in my basement were i grow to keep all the heat from escaping into the rest of my basement.
  19. krimson_death Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $186
    yer man has gotta be a basement or some where the cops can detect if ur growin in lofts now.
    at least they cant scan though the hole house yet with their heat seeki crap

;potsignkeep on tokin ;potsign
  20. iamcannaclubmember SF AEROPONICS GURU

Stoner Buck$:
    $309
    LMFAO..... where u from?;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL;troll