Alaska fish emulsion anyone????

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Lightitup, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Lightitup Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $178
    My plant is in the vegging stage and is doing pretty good. I notice that the large fan leaves on the bottom tend to turn yellow. Is this normal or is it from a lack of Nitrogen?...I water when needed (every 2 days) and fertilize once a week...I mix 1 tbsp of 5-1-1 fish emulsion with a gallon of water. Should I go with something higher in Nitrogen or mix 2 tbsp instead 1?.....Thanks for reading and appreciate any advice given.
  2. DTRave420 Active Member

Cool
    Stoner Buck$:
    $2,961
    I read a recent post from you in which I believe you said you purchased this plant already in the pot...

Do you know what kind of soil or medium it's sitting in???

Alaska fish emulsion is a fine plant food,but I wouldn't base the plants entire veg diet on it and I definitely wouldn't double up the dosage...

To me,Alaska is a once a week food for larger vegging plants..I use it once a week if I even use it at all,at 1 TBS per gallon,on plants that are gonna be flipped soon...

Yellowing fans are usually more of a flowering thing so there might be something a little out of wack...

I'm sure help will arrive here soon...They'll all be yellin' CalMag CalMag CalMag,lol!!!(joke);)

I'd also ask the place you bought this plant from for some growing/feeding tips...

The plant you had on your deck the other day looked pretty cool so it can't be that bad...Good luck man...:)
  3. MikeIsGreen dont panic, it's organic!

Stoner Buck$:
    $10,733
    keep in mind that fish emulsion will attract raccoons and they tend to dig! lol